Here’s a few tips for you to take on your next dive holiday!
If you’re sharing a room with someone else in the tour group
- Hanging some underwear in the bathroom is ok. Hanging it across the taps at a level that brushes your face, or leaving it on the floor, is not ok.
- If you’re a snorer and you know it, consider packing a pair of earplugs for your roommate. If you’re really loud, consider taking a single room. People do strange things when they haven’t slept.
- Smoker? Standing near an open window does not count as “outside”. The hotel may say you can smoke but it’s generally not the done thing for Aussies.
- Reconsider your urge to switch on the TV. How’s the serenity!
When you’re diving
- If you have a camera and the guide shows you something, take 2-3 shots and then move out of the way for the next person. If you want to take more that’s ok, but wait until everyone’s had a turn. The best buddy teams know how to work with each other.
- If someone else is taking a photo, please wait until they have finished before you start. If they’re taking a video, your flash will ruin their shot.
- When diving on a wall, dive at the same level or above the group. If you swim underneath, your bubbles are going to ruin it for everyone else.
- If you’ve peed in your wetsuit, please wait until everyone else has washed their regs before you throw your suit into the communal tub.
- If there’s a buffet, have a look at what other people have taken and how many people are left. You can have 45 prawns, but maybe not in your first helping.
- We all love a few cocktails, but unless you want to end up on the wrong side of Facebook, consider pacing yourself with the group.
Enjoy your dive holiday!